sunday jaunt around chester

Mainly beer, but feel free to talk about anything alcoholic
cheshirescooper
Advanced Member

sunday jaunt around chester

Post by cheshirescooper » Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:59 pm

A rare saturday at home gave me the opportunity for a few sunday afternoon scoops around town.
First up the delights of the CROSS KEYS .I Really enjoyed the JOULES waterloo 4.3 accompanied by an ace AOR music selection ( gary wright, nelson, allman brothers, night ranger ) bliss. :finger:
On to the Tap I skipped the formidable Fernandes double six stout and plumped for the RCH thirty point five , quenching but unremarkable.
Curiosity took me down watergate st to the watergate bar and was greeted by ERRDIG penny farthing 3.7 from wrexham golden in colour and a bit cloyingly sweet for my palate but hey! people like this sort of beer style.
Next up the PIED BULL and CORNISH CROWN honey fuggle ( yep, two words that strike fear into some of us ale drinkers ) underwhelmed to be honest.
The CELLAR city rd next. Where to start? I reluctantly passed on the MOOR so 'hop 4.1 to sample the delights of WILD millionaire 4.7 ALLENDALE fermata 4.1 BEER REFINERY mischief 5.1 ( another fine effort from the tarvin based lads).However top marks went to FYNE sunset boulevard 5.6 just a top notch balance of malt and hops imo.
A stroll to the MILL HOTEL found some LIVERPOOL ORGANIC ( white star) ismay 3.6 a rather pleasant mild ,
Lastly KASH and an excellent pint of REDBALL restless 5.
Plenty of great beer drank, a beer style for everyone.
Happy drinking :drink:

chunkamunka
Advanced Member

Re: sunday jaunt around chester

Post by chunkamunka » Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:15 am

Great tour, need more people to do a write up like that, well done. Mind you is that more than your weekly total :whistle: :thumb:
http://www.oldecottagechester.co.uk
Facebook-ye olde cottage inn
From Sunday
Camra discount 30p a pint discount on days ending in a Y
Loyalty cards tue-sat buy 10 get one free
Sun-mon buy 5 get one free(new stamp only on these days)

mmatthej1
Advanced Member

Re: sunday jaunt around chester

Post by mmatthej1 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:14 am

Top scoops, a fine ramble by the sound of it!