MP for Chester - a 'beer champion' !

The forum for all general banter, etc.
Tarquel
Advanced Member

MP for Chester - a 'beer champion' !

Post by Tarquel » Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:32 am

Hooray for Chester's tory party drone !

http://www.chestermp.com/2014/01/28/che ... -champion/

Wonder how he voted on the far more important issue of PubCo reform ??

I detect a faint whiff of hypocrisy.

Tarquel

Fred Gumby
Advanced Member

Re: MP for Chester - a 'beer champion' !

Post by Fred Gumby » Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:00 pm

To be fair to Stephen Moseley he did meet a group of us at the CAMRA Mass Lobby of Parliament in January 2013 and subsequently wrote to the Treasury regarding our concerns about the Beer Tax Escalator.

However, last week he voted against the bill on Pubco reform last week although as far as I know that was despite not taking any part in the debate. Another shameful delaying tactic by the government.

Two Labour MP's from within our branch area, Mark Tami (Alyn & Deesde) and Susan Wyn Jones (South Clwyd) both spoke in favour of the bill.

http://www.camra.org.uk/article.php?group_id=12472

Tarquel
Advanced Member

Post by Tarquel » Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:43 pm

As if by magic, a well known local blogger has just put up a post on this very issue.

http://zelo-street.blogspot.co.uk/2014/ ... eceit.html

Tarquel

Fred Gumby
Advanced Member

Post by Fred Gumby » Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:53 pm

Just received a letter from our 'Beer Champion' in which he states:

'I know the the pub industry needs clarity from the Government in response to the consultations findings but I do believe it is important not to rush such an important decision. Any intervention should be proportionate and targeted. I am reassured by Ministers that in taking time to evaluate and asses all the responses, this remains their goal and they will publish a response as soon as they can'

In other words the Government has caved in to Pubco lobbying once again and will try to do anything they can to make sure any legislation to curb their nefarious activities is delayed indefinitely.

BBCJohn
Advanced Member

Post by BBCJohn » Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:49 pm

Fred Gumby wrote:Just received a letter from our 'Beer Champion' in which he states:

'I know the the pub industry needs clarity from the Government in response to the consultations findings but I do believe it is important not to rush such an important decision. Any intervention should be proportionate and targeted. I am reassured by Ministers that in taking time to evaluate and asses all the responses, this remains their goal and they will publish a response as soon as they can'

In other words the Government has caved in to Pubco lobbying once again and will try to do anything they can to make sure any legislation to curb their nefarious activities is delayed indefinitely.
I received the same letter, no doubt other readers who signed the recent CAMRA Pubco petition will do also. How much time do these MPs need to decide on an issue that's been rumbling on for years? Ah, until it's too late to debate in the current session of Parliament! grrr! :evil:

mike5490
Advanced Member

Post by mike5490 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:35 pm

Moseley cant spell assess correctly! what hope do we have?

supervalkoinen
Advanced Member

Post by supervalkoinen » Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:51 pm

mike5490 wrote:Moseley cant spell assess correctly! what hope do we have?
I'm more concerned by the (deliberate?) obscure pronoun references.