Where can I find?

The forum for all general banter, etc.
chrispacket01

Re: Where can I find?

Post by chrispacket01 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:24 am

I must thank you all for your replies.
As for Charles Wells.....Known affectionately as cat piddle brewers, enough said!
I will be sampling some of the local beers in the pubs mentioned. Not too sure how to get to Saughall though.
I have had more pleasant replies on this board in 3 days, that I would get in London in 3 years. The term friendly northerners springs to mind.

electrophotic
Advanced Member

Post by electrophotic » Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:07 pm

Chris, you can get to Saughall from the city centre by local bus service No.15 or 15A (Bus Exchange Stand 3). See timetable and map: http://www.arrivabus.co.uk/serviceInfor ... =2527&r=UK
The Egerton Arms is on Hermitage Road and there is a bus stop just outside. A mile further on, at the end of Hermitage Road, is the Greyhound Inn who also do cask ales.

Dexter
Advanced Member

Post by Dexter » Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:17 pm

Egerton is a reasonable enough pub but I'm not guaranteeing Fullers! My source says Youngs London Gold been on most recently.

cheshirescooper
Advanced Member

Post by cheshirescooper » Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:00 pm

jamesb wrote:
mike5490 wrote:Speak English Jimbo!
How many publicans going to leave a beer vented for a week on the stillage?
Most won't, I'll freely admit that.Most people wouldn't have the space for a start.

Just thought I'd mention it. Just something I've come across while looking after beer in various places.

Just realised that I've *never* had a pint of Fullers when I've been in London. I'll have to make amends next time I'm down. I hear the Parcel Yard at St Pancras (or is it Kings Cross?) is worth a trip.
A good call that, i often start there on my regular london jaunts ( i,ll be in there 11am tomorrow ) fullers beers are generally different gravy down in london. Youngs beers well and truly lost the plot a few years ago.
As regards london beers in chester its time to move on and the Cellar has served great ale lately from Five Point and Portobello.

Leroy

Post by Leroy » Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:45 pm

How many publicans going to leave a beer vented for a week on the stillage?