Llangollen micropub

Anything about Pubs... even rumours.
Handbridge Hophead
Advanced Member

Llangollen micropub

Post by Handbridge Hophead » Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:33 am

LLangollen micropub opening in next few weeks on Oak Street. Spoke to the lads outside. No cask beer alas but there will be key keg for those of you who aren't hardcore CAMRA. Think it's going to be called the Cellar even though it doesn't have one.

From planning app:-

I am proposing to open a 'bottleshop' type business. This will be primarily for the sale of craft beers, and local such produce, for consumption off the premises. I would also like to offer a small 'micropub' type business selling locally brewed ales and ciders for consumption on the premises. It is important to note that this establishment will not be a bar, it will not have loud music, gambling machines, TV's, sport or live music. The emphasis of the business will be in the sale of craft beers, gins, and such like. The atmosphere will be focused on conversation and will offer a traditional 'ale house' and social meeting place feel.
There will only be seating for a maximum of 25 people at any one time, and my proposed opening hours will be 1200-2200 daily. The main focus of the business will be sales for consumption off the premises.

alanH
Advanced Member

Re: Llangollen micropub

Post by alanH » Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:12 am

Opened on 3rd July (but not been there yet)

EDIT:
Called on 5th July. four Key/Keg beers on tap.

The Salopian Auric was unfiltered and unfined and was excellent.

The Wild Horse was bright and fizzy (with bubbles rising up the glass).
The Tiny Rebel Cwtch Red Ale was on the cold gassy side.

Also a cider and a lager on tap.