Off the Wall

Anything about Pubs... even rumours.
supervalkoinen
Advanced Member

Off the Wall

Post by supervalkoinen » Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:05 pm

A place I've been avoiding for years, for a variety of reasons. Heard it had had a bit of a makeover so risked a glance today.

Now 2 pumps - the ubiquitous 'craft beer' (sic Guardian), Doom Bar, and the more interesting Battlefield 1403, which was acceptable.
Also able to watch Wimbledon and Trent Bridge simultaneously on 2 adjacent screens.

Still doubt whether I'll become a regular, but I'll be less reluctant to attend the odd event there.

Handbridge Hophead
Advanced Member

Re: Off the Wall

Post by Handbridge Hophead » Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:21 pm

Don't think I'll be marking this one as a cask conversion on WhatPub. All pumpclips turned round today and the lad behind the bar pointed me to the delicious John Smith's Smoothflow. Yeah, as if.

mike5490
Advanced Member

Post by mike5490 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:51 pm

Hophead! don't be so negative! think positive and real ale will return! er........ Bombardier, Deuchers, Spitfire!! it could be worse! don't think Ill be taking a detour!
Shrewsbury beer fest yesterday, it was ok, but i did prefer Morris Hall as a venue. 112 beers some really excellent, i.e. Bridgnorth, some absolutely shocking! but thats a beer fest! You been?

Handbridge Hophead
Advanced Member

Post by Handbridge Hophead » Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:15 pm

Mike's optimism wins out. Stuck head round door on way back from M&S and they've got Doom Bar and Cheshire Cat on today.