Station Hotel, Ellesmere Port

Anything about Pubs... even rumours.
Mr W
Forum Moderator

Station Hotel, Ellesmere Port

Post by Mr W » Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:11 am

Police have issued a closure notice here for 2 months.
http://www.cheshire.police.uk/news-and- ... -premises/

The wording of this seems a little odd to me -
"The court order means that no-one is allowed into the Station Hotel for a period of two months, and anyone who does enter is liable to arrest and up to six months′ prison, or a £5,000 fine, or both."

Does this mean in theory the the owner could open the bar but if I unknowingly walked in for a beer I could be arrested? I presume it's just a poorly written article and surely the owner faces some punishment if he opens up?
Ian

alanH
Advanced Member

Re: Station Hotel, Ellesmere Port

Post by alanH » Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:32 am

"The court order means that no-one is allowed into the Station Hotel for a period of two months"

"Over the next three months regular checks of the premises will be conducted to ensure the closure order is not breached."

It also seems odd that the closure order is checked for three months when it is only set for two months!

Old Yard Dog
Advanced Member

Post by Old Yard Dog » Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:08 pm

The Station is now boarded up and "For sale" signs have appeared. Another nail in the coffin of Ellesmere Port town centre. If the Grace Arms also was to close, the nearest competition to the William Jessop would probably be Madisons (keg), the Horse & Jockey (keg) or the Cat.

Old Yard Dog
Advanced Member

Post by Old Yard Dog » Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:11 pm

No change - the pub is still boarded up and "For sale"