Spitting Feathers to open second pub in West Kirby

Anything about Pubs... even rumours.
Fred Gumby
Advanced Member

Spitting Feathers to open second pub in West Kirby

Post by Fred Gumby » Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:59 pm

Spitting Feathers Brewery will be opening their second outlet at what is now the Red Door in West Kirby. The pub was previously operated by the company that runs the bar of the same name below the Blossoms in Chester.

The West Kirby pub will be reopening in a couple of weeks time after a bit of a refurb, quite possibly with a face familiar to Chester drinkers behind the bar.

Mr W
Forum Moderator

Re: Spitting Feathers to open second pub in West Kirby

Post by Mr W » Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:46 pm

West Kirby Tap I reckon it'll be called - https://twitter.com/WestKirbyTap
Good luck to them, an extra reason to stop in WK when doing the Wirral cycle loop :cycle: :drink:
Ian

Handbridge Hophead
Advanced Member

Post by Handbridge Hophead » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:11 am

Is JT off there? Good news for West Kirby. I was there two weekends ago and, beside the White Lion, found it disappointing for pubs and especially ale choice. The busiest pub was the old Moby Dick which is now a Hickorys.

mmatthej1
Advanced Member

Post by mmatthej1 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:23 pm

Have a nasty feeling that this place is the old funeral directors in WK, so I don't quite see myself venturing in there (unless it's for a stiff one, I suppose!)

Quite a interesting transformation btw, contra the recent switch from The Railway pub here in Chester, to the new funeral directors place............

Mr W
Forum Moderator

Post by Mr W » Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:32 pm

mmatthej1 wrote:Have a nasty feeling that this place is the old funeral directors in WK, so I don't quite see myself venturing in there (unless it's for a stiff one, I suppose!)

Quite a interesting transformation btw, contra the recent switch from The Railway pub here in Chester, to the new funeral directors place............
Not sure but until recently it was the Red Door, some pics are on their page here http://reddoor.uk.com/.
Looks another high ceiling like the Tap!

Along with the excellent Marigold chippy and handy public loos I've now got a third good reason to stop at WK :cycle: :drink: :party:
Ian

Dexter
Advanced Member

Post by Dexter » Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:36 pm

It is an old funeral parlour. Better than Chester's Red Door but still keg. Love the pretentious description of it ...

The former funeral Parlour on Grange Road, was bought by entrepreneurs Tim Bacon and David Hinds in 2009 and has been transformed into a stylish bar in an eclectic hybrid of a traditional pub, which meets cool classic New York loft style.

Boughton Beerman
Advanced Member

Post by Boughton Beerman » Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:18 am

A good move - nice one!

A trip on the Merseyrail coming up I think.

electrophotic
Advanced Member

Post by electrophotic » Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:27 pm

If you're into bottled beers, the Ship & Mitre's shop opened recently in West Kirby:
http://www.theshipinabottle.co.uk/