Central Hotel, meet the brewer

Anything about Pubs... even rumours.
cqsteve
Advanced Member

Central Hotel, meet the brewer

Post by cqsteve » Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:50 pm

Thanks to Peredur and Iwan from Cwrw Llyn brewery and to the organisers for a most enjoyable meet the brewer session at the Central in Shotton last night. I'm told the Central wants to make this a regular event on the last Wednesday of each month, so I hope you Deeside ale drinkers will get down there and give them some support! Maybe we can even convince a few other pubs on the main drag to get some decent beer in?
Cheers, Steve

Sociopath

Re: Central Hotel, meet the brewer

Post by Sociopath » Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:11 am

I wish Id heard about this beforehand . Easy train ride for me and a brewery Id never heard of. More publicity nxt time plse.t

cqsteve
Advanced Member

Post by cqsteve » Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:51 pm

I did suggest they might put something on here in advance, but nothing came of it. For info, Phil from Hafod is lined up for the next MTB - last Weds in March, 7pm.

Edwincad
Advanced Member

Post by Edwincad » Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:05 am

cqsteve wrote:Thanks to Peredur and Iwan from Cwrw Llyn brewery and to the organisers for a most enjoyable meet the brewer session at the Central in Shotton last night. I'm told the Central wants to make this a regular event on the last Wednesday of each month, so I hope you Deeside ale drinkers will get down there and give them some support! Maybe we can even convince a few other pubs on the main drag to get some decent beer in?
Cheers, Steve
A very enjoyable evening. And the two guys from Cwrw Llyn were very approachable, and keen to listen to any advice given "from the Customer" with regard to Beer styles / ABV etc. And they do seem to have the right idea, so I can only wish them every success in their future brewing endeavours ...

:cheers:

mmatthej1
Advanced Member

Post by mmatthej1 » Sat Mar 08, 2014 6:51 pm

We used to have the Secret Brewery, down in Witshire - perhaps this is their northern offshoot? Best not to tell anyone anything, then you don't have to kill them................