Real ale at colisseum shock!

Anything about Pubs... even rumours.
cheshirescooper
Advanced Member

Real ale at colisseum shock!

Post by cheshirescooper » Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:45 pm

Called in at MILLER AND CARTERS steak restaurant on ellesmere port colisseum on the weekend as was greeted by a PURITY UBU pumpclip,ordered it and had it poured into a dimpled pint jug for me. The barman who served me proudly stated that they were the only establishment on the colisseum / oaks to sell cask beer and their aim was to eventually use all three hand pulls and said that LANCASTER BOMBER would be added shortly . Beer quality was very good and an excellent companion to my rib eye.

Dexter
Advanced Member

Re: Real ale at colisseum shock!

Post by Dexter » Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:35 pm

Bizarre! I was shopping at the M&S outlet there yesterday and spotted this Miller & Carters for the first time. I thought absolutely no way will that sell cask ale.

Going to have to get out there and "tick it" now!

rimmer
Advanced Member

Post by rimmer » Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:53 pm

Was doing an OIC drop off Old Hall Farm,Little Stanney and happened to notice a Hungry Horse outlet opposite the Vue cinema complex so decided to call in to check and was shocked to find three cask beers on from the GK range-quite nice inside too-so this is a real answer to retail therapy here. The Old Hall Farm still has 2/3 beers on from the Marstons range and the Rake opposite the keg only Harvester has at least one GK beer on.
cheers and happy drinking Cheshire Oaks
rimmer

rimmer
Advanced Member

Post by rimmer » Wed May 23, 2018 2:16 pm

Real ale discontinued Cheshire Oaks HH and handpulls gone. Update submitted to Whatpub.