Chester and South Clwyd CAMRA

Serving Chester, Wrexham and the Surrounding Area
It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:38 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Chain Bridge, Berwen and Sun,Rhewl
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:24 am 
Advanced Member

The Chain Bridge will be on Real Ale within the next week! The barman said 2 handpumps are due to be installed and cask ale will be delivered next Tuesday. One of them will be a Sandstone beer and the other a changing guest.
The place is being renovated by the new owners and should be finished in about a month with a 2nd bar on the first floor.

The Sun Rhewl is looking unchanged by peeking through the window, but there is evidence that people have in, by the packets of biscuits and ciggy butts.
Locals estimate Easter but watch this space.

Just up the road, the Sun, Glyndyfrdwy (VOC Branch) has been taken over by the nearby Berwyn Arms, but local info says the pub will NOT be opening as a licenced premises, but again, watch this space in case they are wrong ----- hoping!!

Post subject: Re: Chain Bridge, Berwen and Sun,Rhewl
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:20 pm 
Forum Admin

alanH wrote:
The Chain Bridge will be on Real Ale within the next week! The barman said 2 handpumps are due to be installed and cask ale will be delivered next Tuesday. One of them will be a Sandstone beer and the other a changing guest.

From their tweets I think the beer is going to be Stonehouse rather than Sandstone unless etmjpor1 would like to correct me.

“When you have lost your inns, drown your empty selves, for you will have lost the last of England.”
Hilaire Belloc, Preface to The Four Men (1911) ...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:07 am 
Advanced Member

jamesb wrote:
alanH wrote:

From their tweets I think the beer is going to be Stonehouse rather than Sandstone unless etmjpor1 would like to correct me.

The tweets were correct. Stonehouse Station Bitter is on one of the brand new handpumps in the brand new bar (and on excellent form). The other handpump will be used for guests.
The hotel is going through many changes under the new ownership and is improving on each visit. The main entrance is now on the front of the hotel instead of the back!

A walk up to Rhewl to check the progress of the Sun Inn.
The gentleman working in there came out to tell me the latest news.
Even though there looked to be a lot to do to me, he said it will be open next Friday. (I assume he means the 29th and not the 22nd! - the carpet is not coming until this Thursday).

All good news for the Dee Valley, especially now we know fears for the Grouse were a misunderstanding. :thumb: :drinking:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 5:57 pm 
Forum Moderator

Superb Stonehouse Sunlander and very good Cambrian Gold today at the Chainbridge Hotel.
Marvellous setting and despite all the chavvy holidaymakers I really enjoyed the visit.
A possible GBG contender next year I think.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:59 pm 
Advanced Member

Mr W wrote:
Superb Stonehouse Sunlander and very good Cambrian Gold today at the Chainbridge Hotel.
Marvellous setting and despite all the chavvy holidaymakers I really enjoyed the visit.
A possible GBG contender next year I think.

I always pop in here for a pint when passing and have never been disappointed with the quality, even at quiet times when I have been the only one in the bar!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:16 pm 
Forum Moderator

The Chainbridge now has a third handpump :thumb: . All three are almost exclusively from Stonehouse Brewery.