Lunchtime Real Ale crawl of Corwen

It's not what it used to be. Please share your knowledge of long lost breweries, pubs and sorely missed beers here.
alanH
Advanced Member

Lunchtime Real Ale crawl of Corwen

Post by alanH » Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:42 pm

I started off at noon in The Crown for a pint of Burtonwood Best Bitter, then on to The Harp for some Tetley's Bitter and Flowers IPA. Missing out the keg Royal Oak, to try the Felinfoel Double Dragon at The Eagles, then to The Owain Glyndwr for some Excellent Lees Mild. :drink:

Wake up Alan, yes, I'm in The Owain Glyndwr with my dark drink in front of me and my copy of 'Real Ale in Clwyd' I have been reading on the seat next to me. But its not 1993 and the dark drink on the table is my half of Guinness! All the other pubs are closed until the evening and when they open my only Real Ale is the 'Reverand James' in The Harp. The Eagles two handpumps stand highly polished but unused because "There is no demand for Real Ale"!! The Crown is in Camra's 'Real Heritage Pubs of Wales' but sells none of our Heritage ale.
The cask ale boom stops soon after Chester and lost its way to Corwen. As the train line from Llangollen edges a little closer each day, I hope the 'Nostalgia' it brings, is the Ale as well as the Steam! :cheers: